A week or so ago, I was tagged for a meme on 8 Things About Me by someone who used to call himself my friend, Michael over at So I Love Superman. I say "used to" because the last time Michael called me, Seward's Folly was still in escrow. But I will rise to the challenge and somehow come up with 8 things about me that you may or may not already know:
1. I'm currently reading my 8th book about John Wilkes Booth titled, Right or Wrong, God Judge Me. After reading so much about what others have written about him, it's interesting to read his own thoughts in his own words. Something new I have learned: he was bow-legged (which is probably why he broke his leg after jumping to the stage), and he was a really bad speller. I'd still do him, though.
2. I've managed a reconciliation of sorts with Ex#3 to whom I swore 8 years ago I would never speak again. Time has softened me where he is concerned and I no longer consider him to be a mass of dead plant life. Eventually, I am hoping to feel the same way about Ex#4 - but I doubt it. On a lighter note, Ex#2, my personal favourite, is visiting Chicago in August.
3. The bump in my left calf from my bicycle accident on April 28th is almost gone. It's now marble sized as opposed to its original tennis ball size. I've never been so happy about something shrinking.
4. I just had my 90-day review at work and my boss basically loves me, which is both good and bad. Good, because it's always good when your boss loves you, and bad because she left on Friday to begin her 12-week maternity leave, which puts me in charge for the next three months. It's a bit daunting - seeing as how I have only been on the job for three months myself - to suddenly be in charge of a company during an office expansion, a satellite office acquisition, an overhaul of the performance review process, and the ending of the fiscal year, among other things (but then think of all the fun blogs I have to write in the future).
5. I have discovered "drop off laundry service". For about $20 a week, I drop my laundry off at the local laundromat in the morning and pick it up in the evening on my way home. Yes, I do refold everything the way I like it, but I am also not wasting two hours or so in the laundromat watching clothes dry. I don't have many extravagances in my life - but this is one of them. Give me this.
6. I went out last Friday night with my roommate and got hit on three times. That, for me, is lately unheard of. I'll accept that I probably get cruised while I am out and about, but I tend to be completely oblivious to it, mostly because I'm not looking for it. The BF does a great job of both flattering and humbling me (he's the only person who can give me a little dig and follow it up with a kiss - which keeps me on a very even keel). So I know I was hit on because these three men were physical in their aggressions, which bothers me because 1) I don't like being touched by people I don't know, and 2) I have long prided myself on being somewhat unapproachable. Apparently, I need to spend more time in the gym.
7. The History Channel is beginning to get on my nerves with all the war documentaries and space programs. For over two years now, I turn on the channel hoping for a biography on a Founding Father or a story about Reconstruction or the plight of the Navaho. Instead, it is yet another documentary about World War II or hunts for lost squadrons or something about star wars. I demand a story on the founding of Idaho!
8. The BF has been gone on his vacation now for two weeks, and I can't remember when I have missed anyone so much. It's like a dull ache. He completed a 695 mile bike trip (which still amazes me, seeing as how I have trouble biking from my house to the pier - 3 miles away). Along the way, he camped outside, fighting thunderstorms and raccoons, and still managed to find the strength everyday to get up and ride 70 or so miles despite sunburn, exhaustion, and unmarked roadways. He's my hero, and I get to see him again tonight!! YAY!
So there are 8 things about me. I won't tag anyone on this. However if any of my friends or blog buddies have an interest in writing 8 things about themselves, I'd love to read it.
And Michael - call me sometime!