Tuesday, October 29, 2013


It came to me in a dream.  Quite literally.

The other morning I woke up and told Kevin that I think I have created a new word.  After rolling his eyes, he looked at me and drolly asked, "what's the word?"  And I blurted it out like the way a 50 year old woman yells out her first wedding vows.  The word is oplusion.


I jumped out of bed to write down the word and its definition: "the measurable depth of any surface in which a hole has been made."  Here is a visual:

The thing is, I don't know if a word already exists for this.  It's not another word for the hole, but the sides of the hole that measure the thickness or depth of the hole.  I'm not an architect, designer or contractor so its possible this has a name already.  So I went to a good source, Kevin's dad, to find out if there was a word already.  Kevin's father is a retired VP of a cabinet company.  He said there is no such thing.

But since not, then have I just created something?

No comments:

Post a Comment